Monday 30 April 2012

OM(f)G!

What a day. It started off early in the morning, with Mason coming in to our room, telling us that he just puked. Well....you can't really wake me when I'm exhausted, so I heard " mummy, my jammie are wet" so I said " so? go put new ones on" and rolled back over. Thankfully, husband jumped up to assess the situation and found poor little Mason had gotten sick all over himself, in his new sleeping bag. At least the sleeping bag contained it...ick. I kept him home from school for obvious reasons, and the poor little man slept until around 10am and I let him stay in his room in bed till he was ready to come out, which ended up being around 1pm.

I babysit my friend's kiddo twice a week {Hi D...I know you're sipping your coffee as you read this!!} and today was ...exhausting to say the least. K and Manning were at each other's throats all day, wanting the toy the other one had, pushing, hitting, yelling. The whole bit- neither of them were innocent at any given point in the day. I was counting down to nap time, and it finally arrived. Time to put everyone in their seperate rooms, and have some quiet.

..... not quite.

I finally get them settled, I come downstairs and raise my mug of piping hot {black} coffee to my lips. *BANG*. I take a deep beath, put my coffee down and head upstairs. I peek into my kids rooms, Madison...sleeping, Manning....sleeping, Mason....reading. That leaves the master bedroom, where K is sleeping.. I open the door, and I'm greeted by K and the cat. He climbed out of the playpen and was ready to leave. uhm...I don't think so.

Back into the playpen he goes, I tell him it's quiet time and time to sleep, to close his eyes and have a rest- and I leave. He was quiet...almost instantly. I breathed a sigh of relief, as I got ready to enjoy my coffee which was now more luke warm, than piping hot. *thump, thump, thump........* silence...
*thump,thump,thump,thump* silence ... This continued for about 10 mins, and I finally said....this is ridiculous. I put my coffee back down, get up and head upstairs. I usually have to give K a gentle reminder that we don't kick our feet when it's time to sleep, we close our eyes and dream.

So..I open the door, and am hit slammed with the stench....of poop. It was everywhere. He managed to take his diaper off, and smeared his entire body, and the entire playpen with poop. He also did me the favour, of flinging some throughout my bedroom...you know, to keep things interesting.

OMFG.

I'm sure you can imaging how the rest of my day went....and continues to go.


notice diaper, to the left of the screen, and head-standing bare bummed baby to the right.

1 comment:

  1. HAHA!! Awesome!! Gotta love days like that. If it weren't for bad days, we wouldn't be able to really appreciate the good ones ;)

    ReplyDelete