Wednesday 11 April 2012

life with 4 littles...

Phew....who knew, I'd have 4 little creatures filling my life with so much love and joy, before I'm even 30! Heck- I had 4 , at 28yrs. {yes...ok...pick your jaw up off the floor now, please ;-)  }

So- what's it like, you're wondering? How do I do it? How do I have energy to keep up with a blog, among everything else? Well....the answer really is...I don't know. I just do it. Becoming a mother was very natural to me, when my first came along, I was 23yrs old, finishing up my degree at University, living in a shoebox of a home with my then boyfriend {*gasp!*} and our 6 month old pup who tripped over his own ears and ran into the walls everytime he'd go downstairs. haha. I was back in night classes when Mason was about 4 weeks old, breastfeeding and doing the whole bit.Those 3hr lectures at night were torture though, I was exhausted and would start the class a Bcup, and end the class a full blown DD and rivers of red throbbing all over my chest..and a wet shirt. Gotta love the first baby milk supply. Ouch.

It was crazy,I pulled all my resources, had friends helping me with daycare when I needed it , my {now husband} worked full time in his new job post graduation, it was a pretty crazy whirlwind. Now with 4 little ones, and a much bigger house, I try to keep on top of everything as it comes, I try to keep the house the way I need /want it to be as it gets messy. I won't sit down with my feet up unless everything is tidy, and I try to vacuum a few times a day. That being said- I don't keep my house in pristine condition. My house is happily lived in, you can tell I have little kiddos, and I have a few masterpieces on my walls, at the 2ft level. I go to bed late, and try to get up fairly early. Thankfully I've got 4kids who love their sleep....12hrs a night love , so I'm not up at 5am on a regular basis. Mama bear, is not a morning person. hahaha.

I don't stress over the little things. People can drop into my house at any given moment and I'm "ready". I don't run around like a mad woman picking up, and you're not going to walk into a tornado zone. I bake for my children, they love cookies and cupcakes , vegetable muffins [yes..really!] ,and special cakes. I make everything allergy-friendly because of Manning's colitis. I make crafts with my children, they love being  creative and trying new things. We do science experiements, and we play make believe. I run around with them, but I also just let them be. I want them to learn to play independantly or with each other, and not always need a grown-up to lead the fun. We have dance parties in the kitchen when I'm making snacks or meals, we have concerts whenever we damn well please and we don't care who's listening. My house is fun, and full of love.

I have lots of boundaries though. Even my 2yr old knows them, and they loooove to try to cross them. Mama bear just needs to give them a look though, and they know. They'll march themselves up to their own room, in tears, and close the door behind them. When they've pushed the limits too far and it turns into chaos [because...it can turn into chaos in an instant] I sometimes yell. I sometimes get so frustrated I want to run away and lose the key to my own house. But instead, I ship them up to their rooms so we can all have a breather. I don't know what they're terrified of, but all I have to say is " you don't want to know what will happen if I take you to your room, you want to go on your own" . Sheer terror.....funny thing is, if I took them to their room- nothing would happen. I would just close the door behind me hahaha. they don't need to know that though, they need to know I mean business.

As for where my energy comes from...that remains a mystery. I drink a little coffee [but I limit myself to maybe 2 cups a day because of breastfeeding] , I eat well but I do indulge in sweet treats once in a while [thanks to the Easter bunny....a lot more often than I should!] . But I honestly think, the love in my heart and happiness I feel contribute to my energy levels. If you're not happy with yourself , then you're not going to be able to accomplish much in a day.

Love is all around us- I found mine, have you found yours ?

No comments:

Post a Comment