Wednesday 18 April 2012

Do something for yourself.

I cannot stress, how incredibly important this is to all parents. I mean the dads too- when we have kids, we often forget about what we used to love. The lives we used to live. Of course, once you are blessed with children, it's hard to imagine life without them-but we must remember...we had a whole life before our little kiddos, and a whole life full of wants, desires, dreams, and adventures. Why stop dreaming and having adventures, just because you've got kids?? I fell into baby-mode , I had 4 babies in 5yrs, leaving little room for much adventure or dreaming for myself. I had to play it safe because I was pregnant , tired, and caring for pint sized people. Although I am still caring for pint sized people, and building space ships with boxes, eating imaginary burgers my kids make me by the thousands, sipping imaginary coffee that's "too hot!!" for me to drink, and kissing boo-boos ; I am finally giving myself time for things that I once loved and was passionate about. Heck, I never stopped loving these things, I just wasn't quite as passionate as I used to be. I used to have a love affaire with painting and photography. I would disappear into the studio for hours on end, into the early hours of the morning. I'd spend so much time in the dark room that it would take my eyes an hour to adjust to regular light again. I used to love horses, I was training my dad's firecracker of a thoroughbred to be rideable before I became pregnant with Mason. I was two more training sessions away from getting up onto her back and enjoying all of the hard work I had been doing for months, and then I took a pregnancy test. Everything went on hold. No more chemicals in the dark room, no more horses, no more long hours in the studio, no more breathing the chemicals I used for my oil painting.

Here we are today, and I'm loving my life to it's fullest. I am so blessed to have 4 absolutely beautiful children, I'm married to my best friend, we have 2 loving and loyal "fur babies" , a beautiful home , and more. It's now ...our turn. I got back into my creative side, I've been sewing and creating steadily since November. I started my baking again {I used to bake all the time for my friends in University!!}
Now I bake my allergy-friendly items , for my two little dietary-sensitive inspirations {Manning and soon, Mia} and I'm going to make a trip to a painting studio with my girlfriends in the near future. I am decorating my home, and making most of it's decore items myself. Now  comes the icing on the cake- I've been dreaming about getting back into the barn, and riding again. Well, I found someone looking on a local classified site, for someone to essentially share the boarding cost for her horse which she rides regularily but she lives in the city and the horse is out by me. It will cost me very little, and I get the horse for one whole day a week {but I'm hoping that I can smile sweetly and maybe get a day for myself to take the horse out, and then take the kids to get some face-time with the horses too!}.

So.....I'm covered, now...I have to work on getting husband something HE wants to do! {oooops...briefly revealed his name there! }

This will be me again! :) {this is a google photo, not mine}

No comments:

Post a Comment