Tuesday 24 April 2012

What's that smell?

Anyone with a baby , is familiar to wondering this very thing. Heck....anyone with children- at some point in every single day, asks themselves this very question. Sippy cups burried in the playroom, pee-pee accident pants hidden in the closet so nobody notices {ha!}, poopy diapers, and in my mind the worst ever- baby spit up. Of course I never notice while I'm home that I've got a bit of spit up on my shoulder, it's after I'm out running around, meeting with people, picking kids up from school, etc. I turn my head to check my blind spot and get a whiff. "What IS that" I ask myself...then I do a quick glance down, and ...oh...crunchy baby spit up. When the heck did that even happen!? I basically walk around everyday, wearing "eau de puke". Madison points it out all the time too, she gives me a hug and then wrenches back, and goes "oohh ewww I mell baby woook on yer youlder!" [I smell baby puke on your shoulder]

Today while visiting a friend, {who is reading this now haha}, Mia was sitting on my lap contentedly, I was sipping my David's tea {YUM!} and out of nowhere.....a waterfall of lovely. It didn't stop either, it just kept flowing. I had to change my outfit, Mia went home essentially wrapped in a blanket and a diaper, and....my friend and I were both on the verge of losing it, ourselves. There is nothing more disgusting, than cleaning up someone else's puke....even if it comes from a baby.

I won't go into details of what was IN that puke...but...it was basically an entire afternoon of nourishment, for my little 7month old!

So do yourself a favour...if you have a baby, make it a habit to check your shoulders before heading out the door!

Mia enjoyed her cookie, from Mary's cookies , first cookie to pass these lips! {and those wondering, that's a mOmma soft bib my beauty is wearing!}

No comments:

Post a Comment