Wednesday 4 April 2012

Air your grievances.

Whether you write them down, say them out loud, or paint them on a canvas- get them out there.  I cannot stress this more- if something is bothering you, don't just sit there and mull it over in your own mind. It's so important to get these feelings off your chest, tell the person who's causing you these stresses and if you can't tell them directly- work on it by yourself until you can. Practice with your friends, recite what you would say to whoever it is, until you're confident enough to stand up for youself.

I am at home all day, esentially for 16hrs a day with no face-to-face adult interaction...every.single.day. This is enough to cause stress in anyone's life- and for me, I usually take my frustrations /stresses out by fabric shopping, and sewing intricate pieces in my sewing room [ya...I know...I'm so exciting, it even scares me sometimes haha]. Today- I let it all out, talked it through with the person I was frustrated with and aired my grievances. I felt as though I was getting absolutely nowhere in the beginning, but as I kept going [and ...I had a lot to say!] I started calming down, and I relaxed my furrowed brow and took a deep sigh. of the 10lbs of bricks on my head, I lifted about 7lbs with that one conversation.

So while the issue is not fixed,and I am in no way over it- I have relaxed a little bit, I'm able to get on with my day without that constant anger/disappointment in my heart.

So- my advice to you with this post- is scream it from the roof tops!! Don't be afraid to say  what is on your mind, or what you're feeling. Everyone is entitled to feel as they please- don't ever tell someone they're not worthy of a feeling and nobody should ever tell you that either! Find a creative outlet to get your everyday stresses out , painting, photography, sewing, drawing,whatever!! Heck, you can even find a more physical outlet - but find something that you love to do.

ok I have a secondary piece of advice. Don't ever surpress your dreams because of what cards life has dealt you. I have been so preoccupied with babies and well...life, that I forgot how much I adore my art, and being creative. I recently got back into my art, and I have now fallen in love with decorating my home and coming up with great creative ideas for pretty much everything. It's making me a much happier person [I was happy before...but now I'm super-happy ;-) ] it's helping in every aspect of my life, as a woman, a mother, a friend, and a wife. So- find something you love, and do it. Fit it into your schedule if it means you're going to bed at 1am on a Wednesday.

Your heart, and your mind will be greatful.

playing with my camera again. tutu and headband courtesy of Pixie Glitz tutus.

No comments:

Post a Comment