Monday 7 May 2012

Photos

Do you take a lot of photos? What do you do with all the photos that you do take?

I love taking photos. I love photography, having hard copy photographs to admire and cherish. I love picture frames and fun little photo holders. I used to develop my own film when I was in university, that was such an amazing time- I would disappear into the dark room lab for hours, sometimes an entire day, developing my photos - starting with just a roll, and ending with beautiful prints.

In this digital age, we take it all for granted. I know that I do , anyway. I have so many photos of my children. They always say that with each child you have, you take less and less photos of each subsiquent child. I think I take just as many of them all, as I did Mason in the beginning. As they get older, it's harder for me to capture those moments, they hardly ever stay still for long enough to snap my DSLR or even my smartphone or the screw up their faces , scrunch their nose, close their eyes, the whole bit. While I love capturing those goofy moments, I want some photos with the appearance, of normal children. ;-) 

Well, recently my laptop crashed. The hard drive fried and it just died on us. I'm not upset about the computer, they are replaceable {I'm typing on it's replacement right now!} but I lost, all of my children's photos. From birth until now, for 4 beautiful children. I didn't print enough of them...and I kicked myself when the computer crashed- why on earth didn't I print more?! Why on earth didn't I back up?!! We're going to be taking the computer to some computer geeky person who *hopefully* can recover our files and save them to an external ...and then I will print, and make albums!

Someone , please tell me they'll be able to recover my photos and that I have nothing to worry about...please!

No comments:

Post a Comment