Sunday 20 May 2012

phew!

These daily postings are getting hard to keep up with! I love this beautiful weather we're having, we spend every minute of every day outside and in the sunshine. The kids and dog are exhausted by dinner time, covered in dirt, ketchup, freezie stains on their chins,sunkissed skin and the smell of sunscreen. I look at them , eating dinner calmly, engrossed in the flavours, and racing to finish to see who will get their dessert first. I look around at each of them, with love in my heart and full of amazement...they're all mine. :) I love thinking about that. I really do, I love thinking about how blessed we are to have 4 beautiful children, who each have very different personalities than the other. I love recounting their day with each of them, asking their favourite part, and what they'd like to do tomorrow. I love remembering the funny things they said, or did that day, and getting a little chuckle to myself. I love it.

But its making these daily postings hard, because I'm so darn exhausted by the time the kids get to bed! We have impromptu dinner parties with our good friends who happen to be our next door neighbours, and we get lost in time as we laugh and share stories. These are the moments that matter so much- these are the moments our kids will remember for years to come- they're not going to remember how often I scrubbed the floors or vacuumed the carpets.

So sit back, and enjoy the ones you love. Enjoy every moment you have together, and make some beautiful summer memories!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment