Monday 14 May 2012

Easy...I'm sensitive.

I'm talking about treats, not people. I just spent the better part of the evening making {and experimenting with} allergy-friendly treats! Gluten, dairy,soy,nut, refined sugar -free oatmeal chocolate chip cookies = DELICIOUS. I tried the same recipe using potato flour instead of brown rice....ick. I actually spat them out...not a good idea. I had my trusty helper with me, D, who can't bake if her life depended on it. But she's trying, and she's learning! She's really great at stirring, and cleaning which is ok by me. We experimented a bit with ingredients and combinations and I got really excited to make my own guimauves - organic, refined-sugar free. They look unlike your typical store bought marshmallow because they're not bleached white and perfectly fluffy but I think they'll be really good!! Tomorrow is going to be the deciding factor, as they're chilling overnight in the fridge.

On the agenda for the rest of this week: ginger molasses cookies {I make THE BEST ones out there}, carrot cake, sugar-free  date squares, brownies, gluten-free rice crispy treats! Why am I baking so much?? Well, somehow I got signed up for a baked goods table at our local market which I don't mind, I actually see it as a great challenge, but this week is going to be pretty crazy. Good thing my Kitchen Aid bowl lift stand mixer arrived in store Saturday- it makes baking so much easier!

Stay tuned for more in the adventures of sensitive deliciousness happening over here!

No comments:

Post a Comment