Wednesday 9 May 2012

Good deed...gone wrong.

Three weeks ago, while at the park in the early morning, we came across a pink scooter. The park is right behind an elementary school, so I assumed it belonged to a kid who played at the park first then ran to get to class {which seems to be the succession of events there.}

So.. We played for 2hrs, and saw nobody come for said scooter. I wheeled the scooter home, and told the kids we were going to make signs, and put them up so that whoever owned the scooter would see them, and come and get it back.  ...Then it rained. It poured, for a good 2 days. The scooter was in the garage and I was reminded daily about making signs. "yes , yes we're going to make them- how about tomorrow?" . This went on for days. The scooter is still in my garage...3 weeks later.

Good deed....FAIL. My kids remind me everytime I open that garage door, that the scooter that doesn't belong to us, is still there. How on earth did I just fail that lesson, I was trying to teach my children? Well...all is not lost, I am dropping the scooter off at the school tonight, with a note that says "found in park" and it will find its owner {whether intended, or new} soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment