Tuesday 8 May 2012

Do you have a 'thing' ?

You know...a hobby, interest, extra-curricular? I've always had interests outside of my everyday life. As a kid I participated in different sports {horse back riding, figure skating, soccer, volleyball} and I was on a lot of committees in highschool {I was the class president in grade 12, I was on the semi-formal comittee , the prom comittee, yearbook, I ran the fashion show one year, I participated in fashion shows otherwise, I was in the drama club, in band {yaaa clarinet! Holla....haha} I dabbled in choir, I submitted works of art blah blah blah blah blah} It continued through university, always a random collection of interests , sports, hobbies. Never anything "related" always a mash of everything. Those who know me now- know that I am still that person. I love a lot of things, fashion, art, music, sports, food, wine, travel, languages..... so I try to do something that I love everyday for ME. I love all the time I spend with my family, my children are my biggest fans and I just love every bit of them. I was laying with Madison tonight, in her bed and I put my ear to her chest and just listened. A tear welled in the corner of my eye and I hugged her tight- she asked what I was listening for, and I told her I was listening to her heart. She listened to mine and told me she loved me. Just melted my heart...I could listen to that heartbeat all night. " I made that, you know" I said to her. " you can make people, mummy?!" she said , wide eyed and amazed. "yep, I made you, Mason, Manning and Mia. Your nose, your toes, your thumpity thump heart, all of it" .... " thanks mummy. for makin' us" she said to me, with a tiny little twinkle in her eye and that amazingly adorable smile on her face.      Bliss.

So, outside that beautiful existence of mine, I have other things I enjoy doing. I keep trying to tell husband he needs something to unwind outside these walls. Running, reading, ....heck..bird watching, anything. My friend was telling me, he gets lost in the magic of Harry Potter. Loved the books and is now collecting cool 'things' from the stories. He's a ....hm....40 something { right, J ?} man with a beautiful little girl {D} and is surrounded by all things pink, princess, and diva everyday. While that DOES fit in with his personality {hardy har har} he still has an outlet that he can disappear into whenever he wants to. Everyone needs that!! Even if it's as simple as reading a book that takes you away into dream land.

So the seach is on- lets find my husband something he'd enjoy doing. We're doing a wine group in the fall which he'll enjoy, but he needs something now. Give me some suggestions!!

No comments:

Post a Comment