Sunday 13 May 2012

Happy Mother's Day....you're alright!

If you ever doubt your abilities or impact as a mother, wait until your child who goes to daycare, preschool, or elementary school comes home bearing gifts. I was looking forward to sleeping in today- I surprised husband with another night out last night, and we didn't get home until 3am. Missed the last GO bus, ended up taking a cab...a very expensive cab, but it was a great night so well worth the heafty babysitting bill and cab bill {along with the rest of the bills haha}. So I was hoping t osleep till maybe 9, but no. I woke up at 7:30am to a very excited, very proud, Mason at my bedside. I opened my eyes with a big smile on my face- I love how excited they get to give me things they've made for me. He handed me a brightly coloured manilla envelope, and told me to open it. I examined the envelope to find the right place to open it, since it's a piece of art in itself. Inside there were many things. Mason wrote me books, drew me pictures, cut out a poem, and made me a paperclip necklace. He put the necklace on my neck with such pride- and stood back and admired it. It's the best necklace I'ever ever owned. Who knew, a paperclip could look like an angel! He ran downstairs and told me to wait until he called me- so I bathed Mia and got ready for the day. I hear Mason calling to me, so I came downstairs and he was standing there practically jumping up and down excited. " I made you something mummy! it's outside!" ..."wow, ok what did you make me?" ....." I made you breakfast mummy!" I proceeded to go outback, and see a spot at our dew-covered patio table, Hello Kitty plate, a knife and fork on either side- and my waffle , with syrup. He walked me to the table and sat me down, and watched me cut into the waffle as though he had crafted the recipe himself. It was the best Eggo waffle I've ever eaten in my life- cold, on a wet table, and full of love.

This is going to be an amazing day.

Happy Mother's Day to everyone, don't take any of the little things for granted !

No comments:

Post a Comment