Wednesday 21 March 2012

with sunshine, comes exhaustion!

So, I know I'm not alone here- but for mums who stay home, whether they stay at home and don't work or work from home [ I do a bit of both] when the sun is out and weather is warm and dry and beautiful- the kids want to live outside. This leaves little time for anything that needs to be done, IN the house. I had two mounds of laundry waiting to be folded all day..heck...since yesterday. I tried my hardest keeping up on things inside, but the kids were in for maybe a total of 20mins all day. I even had 9 kiddos in my backyard at one point ! We have so much fun in the warm weather- we have a jumpy castle, a swing set, playhouse, dog who loves to play with kids, water table...you name it,we've probably got it going on either out back or in the garage to be played with in the front.

I love having a house that's welcoming to friends to pop in whenever they want, I love that the neighbour kids enjoy playing here and want to come visit/play. I figure, our kids are only little once...and I will be slaving over my house for the rest of my life. I might as well enjoy these moments since I am able to, and get outside and play! I do just that- I get on the jumpy castle and go crazy with my kids [and the neighbour kids!!] my neighbourhood must think I'm crazy, since I just moved the castle to the backyard- it's been outfront when I've used it for the last week!!

Also with warm weather, comes my schedules. In the winter we fill our days however we can, fly by the seats of our pants type of deal. In the spring/summer, there are so many wonderful things I want my kids to do and experience- they are never done learning! I try to plan nature walks, where we collect treasures and bring them home and talk about them. We make tons of crafts [love painting outside!!] we visit different parks, we go to the splash pads [parks with water that sprays out , some are even interactive!] , we do library trips, etc. Last year I ran a playgroup that went horribly wrong, but I met a few great people from it- not sure I'm going to open my doors to that insanity again [I caught a mum searching through my purse...and she denied it!]

It's only been one week of freakishly warm weather...and I'm already EXHAUSTED. I just want to sleep right now, but the laundry is still calling my name, sitting right beside me- partly folded.


                                                I just want to close my eyes!! :-)

3 comments:

  1. I know how you feel! I am exhausted from being outside for the majority of the day! And I have laundry to put away too .. but I will get up extra early tomorrow to do it!!
    Maybe we can meet up for a playdate at your backyard for our playground soon!!

    Jenn

    ReplyDelete
  2. you sound like me lol. my laundry is so backed up lol but at the end of the day the kids will remember mommy played in the sprinkler with us in march. They wouldn't have remembered mommy made sure the laundry was done and folded and put away that was awesome. lol there will always be rainy day to clean the house in lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. exactly! I knew I wasn't alone! :) Jenn, that sounds great- come over any time!!

    ReplyDelete