Tuesday 20 March 2012

Frugal mama

Raising 4 kids is not for the weak at heart. It can be expensive, and wonderfully chaotic. If I payed msrp for all of my kids clothes...we'd be forced to live in my van, down by the river- I'm sure of it.  ;-)

So how do I escape paying full retail for my kids play clothes and shoes? Sales, Clearance, and Once Upon a Child!

I went today, to Once Upon a Child with the boys and Mia and dropped $100.00. But with that I got :

4 shorts for Madison, 1 pair of sandals for Madison, 1 pair of boots for Madison (brand new) , 3 shorts for Mason, 2 shirts Mason, 1 pair of leather sandals for Mason, 4 shorts for Manning, 1 new sweatshirt for Manning,  4 shirts for Manning, 2 jeans for Mia, 1 pair of jammies for each kid, and a baby-doll walker [which in all fairness, I thought was the tiniest walker I had ever seen, and thought it would be perfect for Mia...then I snapped out of my "blonde moment" - think {" look...baby dohnuts!" } and realized it was for dolls. I tried it anyway ...and I was right- so now Madison's dolls have a great learning tool to walk. lol....oops. oh well, it was $4.

How far does $100.00 get you while shopping for clothes for your kids? Oh and everything I bought was name brand [Gap, Nautica, Children's Place] .

I love successful trips to the consignment store,especially when I have a heap of kids in tow!

                                                 here we are....blogging for today!

No comments:

Post a Comment