Thursday 29 March 2012

I love to get mail...anyone else??

Ever since the introduction of email- I find the world has gotten so impersonal. Very little face-to-face contact, forget about "snail mail" ! Well, I loved having a pen pal when I was a kid, so I've actually found *online* groups on fb for pen-pal type stuff ! We send each other presents. HA.  yes, it's true- we either make handmade items to send, or we go shopping for someone based on their little blurb they give to the group. I don't know anyone personally, but I love getting presents in the mail, and we're actually forming fun little friendships, from other countries, some fairly close to home- but everything is always mailed.

My husband thinks I'm crazy, and maybe some of you do too- but for a work-at-home mama of 4 little kids...I need to take all the excitement I  can get. Getting a package delivered with my name on it, excites the crap outta me- especially when it's not my birthday!

As you may have guessed by the timing of this post- I received one of these packages today...and it's calling my name. But it's a "secret swap" gift and there's a certain open date where we all open our gifts at the same time [hahaha yes..I know...that part might sound crazy] and then we post about them on the group wall, some post pictures [I always try but forget half the time!]. I am not good with surprises, I hate waiting, and I am awful when I know there's a present for me somewhere- that I'm not supposed to open. of COURSE I'm going to open it.  Ok- so I'll wait till I get *closer* to the date...but it's about a month away! These things sort of kill me, as much as I love them.

1 comment: