Wednesday 13 June 2012

more frugal entertaining ideas!

If you're hosting friends for lunch or an afternoon playdate- check out your local grocery store at the wee hours in the morning. Go when they first open, and you can buy their fresh fruit and veggie trays usually at 50% off. They are technically supposed to cut and sell in the same day- but lets be honest here. When I cut up a giant watermelon {because yes I usually cut it all up at once so we can grab and go} we're not consuming it all within 8hrs. The trays are prepared fresh the morning before, and are kept in the fridge all day/overnight. They are super fresh, super easy, and super cheap.

I'm having friends over for lunch today and I'm making my own pizza dough {dairy and soy free of course} , they are bringing a soba noodle salade and I got us a fruit tray with chocolate sauce for dessert. I also picked up EXTRA watermelon since the kids love it so much and today is an after school gong-show day {extra kiddies after school lol} so  I get extra, and I picked up a tin of Van Houte coffee which had a $2 off coupon on the shelf. I spent $16.

No comments:

Post a Comment