Sunday 3 June 2012

blood, guts, and gore!

Why is there so much blood, guts and gore on tv these days? I can't get over how my once favourite shows are too much for me to handle anymore. How are people so desensitized that they need to continue to go further and further to terrorize themselves?

I like to be spooked. I don't like to be traumatized. I like adventure, drama and excitement- I don't like gruesome murders, or descriptive, terrifying scenarios . If I'm doing something in the other room, and husband is watching one of his shows which feature such brutality, I get freaked out just listening to the premise . I don't think that makes me strange..I think it makes me normal.

Everyday I'm constantly telling my children that we must be kind to each other,kind to animals, and kind to ourselves. "Treat others the way you want to be treated" is said almost daily in my house. How can I constantly be talking about such kindness and acceptance if I'm watching shows at night that terrorize me and give me disgustingly disturbing thoughts in my head? I just can't.

So because a lot of the tv has gone to this disgusting brutality, I'm now watching a lot of "fluffy" shows when I get a chance to watch. My favourites are off season now, so I really don't watch that much tv in the summer. I have so much to do in the spring/summer months that I rarely watch tv and it's almost never live. I've recently gotten into The Real Housewives of Vancouver- and oh man is it juicy. I feel like I know them, and I get so sucked into their drama and gossip it's as if I'm sitting there with them. I pvr it , because husband won't watch it. haha.

What are your fave light-hearted tv shows? What ones should I check out?

No comments:

Post a Comment