Sunday 17 June 2012

Happy Father's Day !

Well its here again, Father's day! Do you do anything super exciting for Father's day, or Mother's day for that matter? I try keeping these events simple, because it's all about the kids celebrating daddy, afterall.

The kids made husband amazing little gifts at school, and at home. I love handmade gifts especially from the kids. They have been itching to give Husband their gifts since they made them- they're awful with secrets or surprises. I managed to stash their pressies so they didn't know where they were unil this morning and they were so excited to give them to him. The pride they feel when they make something themselves, brings tears to my eyes everytime. I got Husband some locally made {bought at the farmer's market!!} Jerk seasoning - he loves that kinda stuff. Me...not so much, I'm not huge on spicy. I also got him a beautiful keychain made by another local artisan in Toronto. She does amazing work and made my necklace with my kiddos names on it, which I love. I wear it everyday and get compliments on it everytime someone sees it.

We're going out for "lupper" {lunch and supper...what else!?} later on and everyone is looking forward to that.

So- keeping it simple, but spending it together. :)

So what are your plans?

Made by JT Sky Designs on Etsy. I had one made for my dad {the Ampy one} and one made for Husband. This was before they were put on their keyring attachments but- this is them and they are beautiful.

No comments:

Post a Comment