Monday 10 December 2012

it's all those little things...

that matter.

All those little breaths, all those little hiccups, all those little pitter patters. Those are what matter, those are my big picture, those are the things that keep me going when life around me gets hectic. I was perusing through photos last night, for a special Christmas project I'm working on {...well....have intentions of working on...soon. haha} and I saw my pregnancy photos from all 4 of my babies. My belly measuring shots, baby shower, birth , etc. All those photos bring back such vivid , wonderful memories- I loved every second of being pregnant. I loved feeling those first flutters and wondering if I'm just gassy from something I ate or if it was the baby kicking. As those kicks got stronger and the feet would lodge in my ribs..although it was painful, I still held every moment dear to my heart.

I look at all of those photos, from Mason and then Madison, followed by Manning and Mia. All their first breaths, their first visits home, etc. All different in many ways but very similar. I couldn't get over how much personality my babies all had at very early ages- such joy and happiness and character! I couldn't help but smile....and I felt a tear run down my cheek as my heart started beating so hard it wanted to jump out of my chest. It was then, that it dawned on me- my heart walks around outside my body everyday...in 4 beautiful little creatures I so proudly call my own. They are my heart and my soul, they are my best friends {or B.F.Fs as they call it } "forever and ever and ever ".

Mia is sick right now with a nasty little head cold- she thinks this gives her freedom to stay up way past her bed time! At first I dreaded her late night wake ups and bursts of energy..but here I sit, while she sings and dances in my lap, just laughing. She's having a phone conversation with herself and thinking she is the funniest person on the planet. Although she isn't talking yet, my heart melted when I looked her in her adorable blue eyes and said " I love you". She gazed right back into my eyes and leaned in and planted a kiss on my lips, three times in a row. If that's not love....I don't know what is.

No comments:

Post a Comment