Monday 12 August 2013

September 3rd can't come soon enough.....

.....or can it ?? I know what you're thinking. All of my teacher friends are cursing me right now as they read this headline. Hear me out!!!....I've heard, since June 28th or so..."mum...I'm booooored!" . Yes, the never ending boredom battle. Does it end? I remember it well from when I was a child...but I swear, I really WAS bored...what, with the pool, hot tub, horses, dogs, acres of land to explore, ample area to build secret forts and passageways, discover "new species", rescue injured animals...etc. You get the picture...I remember the boredom well and I remember what my parents would say. "it must be so hard being you. When I was a kid, I didn't have any of the things you have and I managed to make it through". I stop myself from saying this , as I'm itching with irritation hearing my (now) 7 year old whine these words, often through clenched teeth and a rag-doll hunch.

We have been to the park, splash pads, swimming, farms, the cottage, had multiple playdates, dinners out, picnics, I taught him to ride his bike, etc. Never are we not doing anything, but yet...the child remains bored. I'm convinced, kids just say it...to say it. So- this means I put September 3rd on the calendar, with hearts and stars and circles and excitement....when I get my calendar, in December!

Although I'm very excited and ready for September 3rd to happen...I sort of want to slow it down, too. As of September 3rd, I'll have a 2nd grader, an SK'er and a JK'er....and the very next day, my baby turns 2. When did this all happen?? I didn't give them permission to get older. I didn't. I'd like it to stop.

~Em.


***unrelated....but remember when I said I wanted to zip line?! Well we did it. this past weekend, and it was AMAH-ZING. loved it, and I loved that I survived (albeit with a few profanities...but I would like to point out, I apologized BEFORE taking the plunge, for any language that may spew out of my mouth) a 40ft drop on a ROPE, free fall, 40 feet....holy mother of pearl....I did it, and it was glorious. ****

No comments:

Post a Comment